- Poster presentation
- Open Access
Impulse dynamics of coupled synchronous neurons
© Rosa and Krueger; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2012
Published: 16 July 2012
Synchronization of neurons remains a topic of great interest due in part to practical implications of relevance to desirable as well as to undesirable states. Neural synchrony can be related, for instance, to healthy activity as in the case of the various stages of sleep , but can also be related to pathological processes as in the case of Parkinson’s disease . Even though the enormous scientific and technological advances we have been witnessing over the past years helping us understand better the mechanisms behind neurological activities, there is still much to learn, in a context where mathematical models are potentially capable of making important contributions.
- Postnova S, Layden A, Robinson PA, Phillips AJK, Abeysuriya RG: Exploring Sleepiness and Entrainment on Permanent Shift Schedules in a Physiologically Based Model. J Biol Rhythms. 2012, 27: 91-102. 10.1177/0748730411419934.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Park C, Worth RM, Rubchinsky LL: Fine temporal structure of beta oscillations synchronization in subthalamic nucleus in Parkinson’s disease. J Neurophysiol. 2010, 103: 2707-2716. 10.1152/jn.00724.2009.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Huber MT, Krieg JC, Dewald M, Voigt K, Braun H: Stimulus Sensitivity and Neuromodulatory Properties of Noisy Intrinsic Neuronal Oscillators. Biosystems. 1998, 48: 95-104. 10.1016/S0303-2647(98)00054-9.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Postnova S, Wollweber B, Voight K, Braun H: Impulse pattern in bi-directionally coupled model neurons of different dynamics. Biosystems. 2007, 89 (1-3): 135-42. 10.1016/j.biosystems.2006.06.011.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Postnova S, Rosa E, Braun H: Neurones and Synapses for Systemic Models of Psychiatric Disorders. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2010, 43 (Suppl 1): S82-S91.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.