As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
To mark the 20th anniversary of BMC Neuroscience we are pleased to announce changes to the journal's sectionsRead More
BMC Series Focus Issues
Read this month's selection of articles on senescence and aging from across the BMC Series Journals.
Using a model of ischemia has shown there exists sex differences in the amount of cell death and the effectiveness of steroid hormones to provide neuroprotection.
Chondroitinase ABC (ChABC) treatment has been found to reduce dopaminergic nigral cell death and striatal terminal loss in a Parkinson's Disease model.
Special Collection: Transcranial ultrasound stimulation and its applications in the neurosciences. Our latest guest-edited collection brings together recent research published in BMC Neuroscience concerning technological advances, potential applications, and therapeutic effects, of transcranial ultrasound stimulation.
Aims and scope
- Darren Byrne, BMC
- Ana Donnelly, BMC
- Janelle Coore, BMC
- Jiu-Lin Du, Shanghai Institute of Neuroscience, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Robert Gerlai, University of Toronto Mississauga
- Tianzi Jiang, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Anthony Kline, University of Pittsburgh
- Thomas Munte, University of Luebeck
- Maurizio Popoli, University of Milan
- Mark Rasenick, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Vijayalakshmi Ravindranath, Indian Institute of Science
- Karsten Ruscher, University of Lund
- Shanbao Tong, Jiao Tong University
- Si Wu, Beijing normal University
Data Support Services pilot
Authors submitting to this journal can opt to use a new service that will make it easier to share research data.