DCM results for intra-hemispheric effective connectivity. Family B (parallel processing, exceedance probability of 86.72%) was preferred to family A (serial processing, exceedance probability of 13.28%) (top left). The best single model (model 17) with an exceedance probability of 30.27% among 15 models in family B was selected (bottom). The best single model contained a modulation in the connection from cSI to cSII, implying a serial pathway. Numbers along the intrinsic connections indicate the mean parameters of intrinsic connectivity, and numbers in parentheses indicate the mean parameter of modulation from cSI to cSII across participants and sessions of the best single model (top right). The increase in the activity of cSII corresponds to 43% of the activity of cSI by pressure stimulation (0.43 in the parentheses from cSI to cSII).