Volume 12 Supplement 1
Dynamics of self-sustained activity in random networks with strong synapses
© Enger et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2011
Published: 18 July 2011
We acknowledge support by the NOTUR and eScience programs of the Research Council of Norway. All network simulations were carried out with the neural simulation tool NEST (see http://www.nest-initiative.org).
- Griffiths JS: On the stability of brain-like structures. Biophys J. 1963, 3: 299-308. 10.1016/S0006-3495(63)86822-8.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Gewaltig M: Self-sustained activity in networks of integrate and fire neurons without external noise. Front. Comput. Neurosci. Conference Abstract: Bernstein Conference on Computational Neuroscience. 2009, doi: 10.3389/conf.neuro.10.2009.14.051Google Scholar
- Kuhn A, Aertsen A, Rotter S: Neuronal integration of synaptic input in the fluctuation-driven regime. J Neurosci. 2004, 24 (10): 2345-2356. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3349-03.2004.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Siegert AJF: On the first passage time probability problem. Phys Rev. 1951, 81: 617-623. 10.1103/PhysRev.81.617.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kriener B, Tetzlaff T, Aertsen A, Diesmann M, Rotter S: Correlations and population dynamics in cortical networks. Neural Comput. 2008, 20: 2185-2226. 10.1162/neco.2008.02-07-474.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.